Thursday, February 3, 2011

the Sandman must be on sick-leave, cause he sure isn't here...


Ok, so, insomnia attack. The Queen of Naps and Lover of Sleep has counted 347 thousand cotton-clad ruminant quadrupeds (that’s Wikipedia talk for sheep…well the ruminant part; the cotton clad part isn’t very accurate or scientific) and is more awake than when she started. Even the husband had a hard time with the Sandman, and he’s got an early start and a 15 hour day tomorrow.

So I decided to share with you all the things that keep running through my head in among the herd of Ovis aries (sheep again…I love Wikipedia) in hopes that a good mental purging will clear the air and let me get to sleep.

I’ve been reading this series of books about these impossibly creative women, a pastry chef, a photographer, a florist and an organizer who own their own wedding business. And of course I love all those things (well maybe not the baking, but I am growing fond of cooking, am even finding myself drawn to kitchen utensils and cookery like I am to craft supplies) and of course they’re all gorgeous and fit and incredibly successful in everything they do. Why do I read these things? They just set up an incredibly false image of something only .000011% of what real women, and even men, achieve. And gets me wondering why I’m not so witty or motivated or productive. But more on that (possibly) another time…if I’m feeling witty and productive enough.

Anyways, I was brain-wandering about how I want to be the Queen Hostess, the one who has amazing dinner parties with creative cocktails and superb appetizers and delicate magazine-cover-worthy desserts and knock-you-in-the-jaw awesome entrées. Who takes amazing candids of her guests and they all rave about it and can’t wait for another one. I was drooling at the thought of Thanksgiving at our place, and then I was thinking about what kind of buffet (the furniture kind) would look good in the space (then tried really hard not to think of the space since I can’t have the space again for another year and 4 months) and then I was thinking how I want to get a job so I can save up to get a cool buffet and then about how I don’t really want a job because I like not having any responsibility before we start “trying” and then I have a whole lot more responsibility than I ever could handle.

And that’s why I’m not asleep.

Here’s some other images floating around my head like the ones flying around a cartoon character’s head after he gets hit with a frying pan:

This is the most amazing apron ever! Heavenlyhostess.com sure knows how to make me drool. How awesome would this be as my Queen Hostess apron? With a cute cocktail dress? And maybe a beehive hair do? And some gaudy dangly earrings? Ok no beehive, but do you see how my mind is going light speed?



Since we're treating ourselves to a short cruise in the Bahamas, I envision myself shopping on the islands or taking photos looking like this:



but I will settle for something like this:






I need to get a new bathing suit. This is what I imagine myself looking like after 6 weeks 
of cardio and weight training: 


or maybe even 

except, you know, not as bony.
But this is probably what I will end up looking like:

but this is the one I want right now, from Target, if they have it in stock:

oh, and I'll take the tan, too, please.



Ok, I think I am sufficiently tired enough to go to sleep. Thanks for "listening." Oh, and if you want to contribute to making my visions into reality, contact me and I tell you where you can make a donation. No seriously.

.Have a good night, mi amigos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment